If you are a beginner, what will your level* be after weeks of intense classes (20 hours per week)?
- After 1 session (7 weeks): A1.You can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly, and is prepared to help.
- After 2 sessions (14 weeks): A2. You can describe in simple terms routine tasks and matters of immediate need.
- After 4 sessions (28 weeks): B1. You can understand the main points of clear standard input and can produce simple connected discourse on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- After 6 sessions (42 weeks): B2. You can communicate clearly on a wide range of concrete and abstract topics with a degree of fluency and spontaneity, including technical discussions on your field of specialisation.
More information on these levels is available upon request.
It is important to remember that learning a language, just like learning a specialised field, requires consistent and dedicated personal work. Learning happens at varying rates, and if students are not truly invested in the process, their teacher’s work may be in vain.
* Source: The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL).